I typically don’t need an excuse to get some girlfriends over for cocktails, but to my core I love a good themed party. With Valentine’s Day right around the corner I am set to host a “Galentine’s Party” at my place with all things girl power! Part of the fun of planning a party is coming up with a great cocktail. Although it’s technically still winter, I can’t help but start to think about my favorite spring and summer drinks. For my Galentine’s Party I wanted something pink, light, and fruity for my guest to sip on as we chat. Nothing fit the bill better than a good sangria!
My sangria recipe took a couple of turns from what I had originally planned because I sent my husband to the store for my ingredients! Although he came back with Rossi (sparkling wine) instead of rosé, I think that the end result may be tastier than the original!
My original sangria recipe called for 2 bottles of rosé but instead I used one bottle of rosé and one bottle of a sparkling white wine. The original also was going to be made with strawberry vodka, however Cameron brought home strawberry daiquiri vodka and it took the sangria to a whole other level! I also used only one cup of vodka when making this because I didn’t want my party to be a complete turn up! If you want that, by all means add another cup!
- 1 Bottle Rosé Wine
- 1 Bottle Sparkling White (champagne or prosecco)
- 2 cups Strawberry Daiquiri Vodka
- 5 cups lemon-lime soda
- 1/2 cup Sugar (or sweetener of your choice)
- 20 Fresh strawberries hulled and sliced
- In a large pitcher combine wines, vodka, and 1/2 of the strawberries. Taste for sweetness, and add sugar as needed.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 6.
- Before serving add lemon lime soda and the rest of the strawberries and stir.
- Serve over ice with strawberry garnish.
Whether you are having your girlfriends over for a pink galentine’s party or you are wanting to make some special sips for your sweetie on February 14th this super easy Strawberry Rosé Sangria is the perfect choice!