This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KetchupWithFrenchs #CollectiveBias
Now that we know the two teams competing for the whole enchilada I feel like I can really get into the spirit of the Big Game. Many of you know that I have been preparing for this game by offering up some fantastic recipes and cocktails to serve at your watch party. While some of these recipes are delicious, ooey gooey, and down right cute, they may leave out some of your more health conscience guest who may be holding tight to their New Year’s resolution diets! With today’s recipe I decided to switch to something a bit lighter without sacrificing flavor and sticking to the Big Game theme. With the help of French’s Ketchup these sweet potato bacon and beef sliders are filling, juicy, and all natural.
Inspired by French’s use of real ingredients free from high fructose corn syrup, artificial colors and flavors, preservatives, and GMOs, I headed to Walmart and snagged a bottle to be the starting quarterback for my recipe.
Instead of a traditional bun, for these sliders I went with sweet potatoes. Brushed with olive oil and sea salt and roasted in the oven for 30 minutes, these sweet potato rounds are the perfect substitute to a bun that is loaded with carbs.
In the middle of roasting, flip each round on the other side and continue to cook. You will know they are finished roasting when you see that they are lightly browned on the sides and soft in the middle.
Create mini patties with ground beef (I used grass-fed) to prepare to be cooked in a pan.
Prior to cooking the patties I cooked a few pieces of bacon and set aside. I used that same pan with the bacon grease and all when cooking my mini patties. I cooked mine for about 5 minutes on each side but you can cook yours based on how done you like it #yolo
Plate your sliders by placing the beef patty on the sweet potato rounds, topped French’s Ketchup and bacon pieces. Garnish with chopped green onion.
Add a little flair perfect for a Big Game party with football themed decorations! These touchdown decorations were found at my local craft store in the floral department and also make these sliders easier to grab.
15 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 1 Large sweet potato scrubbed and sliced into 10 rounds
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- Sea salt
- 5 Slices of bacon cut in half to make 10 pieces
- 1-1 1/2 lbs Ground beef
- Green onions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Brush sliced sweet potato rounds with olive oil on both sides and sprinkle with sea salt.
- On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, roast sweet potato rounds in the oven for 30-35 minutes, turning once in the middle of roasting to brown evenly. You will know they are done when the edges are browned and the center is soft.
- While potatoes are roasting fry bacon slices over medium-high heat in a large skillet until crisp.
- In the same pan, (bottom will still be coated with bacon grease) lightly sprinkle sea salt over the bottom and turn the heat back on to medium-high.
- Cook the 10 patties about 4-5 minutes on each side or until desired brownness.
- When the patties are finished place on top of sweet potato rounds and top with a dollop of ketchup and a piece of bacon and garnish with green onion.
For more on French’s use of real, natural ingredients Check this out!