I feel like I have been all about cupcakes lately #sorrynotsorry. Who doesn’t love a small bite-sized treats of goodness?! Now that the holidays are over we can all go back to the next big thing on the calendar for 2017 and that is the Super Bowl. Whether you are a football fan or not (and let’s face it, you probably aren’t) there is just something about “The Big Game” that gets everyone amped up. My favorite part is no doubt the commercials and the half-time performance. During the Super Bowl is when I get to catch up on the latest blockbuster trailers, and find out when the new seasons of some of my favorite shows are coming back on! When the guys are running to the buffalo chicken during the commercial breaks, that’s when I run to the TV to see what’s going on, haha! My plan this year is to help out with the spread and then park-it on the couch by the time Gaga gets on stage. Part of said spread (along with these Bloody Marys) will be these chicken nugget and waffle cupcakes that are a fun take on chicken and waffles. My daughter LOVES these and they are perfect for a Super Bowl watch party, tailgate, or brunch!
I would also like to mention that these are among one of the easiest recipes to make. Bisquick Shake ‘n Pour, frozen chicken breaded chicken, and honey, that’s about it! The result is a super fluffy muffin and the perfect sweet and savory bite.
Note: You may use a mini muffin tin or a standard size muffin tin. For mine I went with the standard size. If you have a kids area at your Super Bowl party the minis might be just the thing for the kid snacks! For mini cupcakes, you can make this dish a step easier and use pre made chicken nuggets from chick-fil-a!
- 6 T Butter
- 1/4 c. Honey
- 1 container Bisquick Shake 'n Pour pancake mix
- 24 Frozen breaded chicken breast chunks
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place a small cube of butter in the bottom of each mini muffin cup in a nonstick muffin tin. (Note: if using a standard muffin tin, spray with nonstick baking spray before adding the butter). Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon of honey over the butter in each cup.
- Add 2/3 cup of water to the Bisquick Shake 'n Pour container. Shake. Pour just enough batter in each muffin cup to fill the muffin cup 3/4 of the way with batter.
- Press a breaded chicken chunk into the center of the batter in each muffin cup. (I defrosted the chicken first before cutting into chunks).
- Bake for 9-13 minutes, or just until edges of the pancake batter begin to turn golden brown. Remove muffins from each cup immediately.
- Serve with remaining honey for dipping or drizzle on top of each cupcake.